Best Way to Spend 2-3 Days
Andaman, ever since it became the ‘talk of the travel town’, has been on top of the ‘places to visit’ list for most of us. While some folks have started planning their second visit to Andaman, others are still waiting for their bosses to approve their leave application. Well, irrespective of whether your leaves get approved or not, we have a plan to help you make your Andaman trip possible this year.
How? Call us crazy but we believe that exploring Andaman on one of the abundantly available long weekends of 2020 is a pursuable plan. You must be thinking, is that really possible? This question got us thinking as well. But, as they say, there’s nothing which can’t be done with good planning.
Besides, the only way to find out is by trying. So, here’s how you can plan a ‘perfect’ weekend trip (2-3 days) to Andaman.
1. Start your trip with a day trip to Baratang and return to explore Havelock
Perched amidst Middle and South Andaman, Baratang Island is a hidden gem. The island has several places to visit which can make your vacation a memorable one. However, due to the lack of proper accommodation services at the Island, a day trip to Baratang is the best thing to do.
- How to plan your day trip to Baratang? Makruzz offers a day trip to Baratang which starts from Port Blair. The ferry departs from the Phoenix Bay Jetty early in the morning, giving you the perfect head start to explore the most in the limited time you have. The trip includes a boat ride to Limestone caves, food, etc.
- Why should you choose the package offered by Makruzz? The day trip to Baratang with Makruzz ends with the ferry dropping the passengers on Havelock island around noon, leaving them with plenty of time to explore Havelock.
2. Spend the rest of your day in Havelock
Once you are in Havelock, spend the rest of the day or night exploring the beautiful beaches, indulge in water sports such as scuba diving, snorkelling, etc. Once the sun sets, you can start exploring the local nightlife. Though nightlife in Havelock is not very vibrant, there are a few decent cafes and pubs you can visit.
3. Head to Neil Island to spend the afternoon there before returning to Port Blair in the evening
With untapped coral reefs, white sandy beaches and tropical forest, this tiny yet beautiful Neil Island is one of the perfect tourist spots in Andaman. Located at a distance of 18 km from Havelock, Neil Island is the perfect option for a relaxing vacation away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Take an early morning ferry from Havelock to Neil Island. If you are lucky, you will get a chance to witness one of the most beautiful sunrises in the entire Andaman at Radhanagar Beach. You can spend the next few hours visiting the local beaches, taste the local cuisines, and other offerings of Neil Island before heading back to Port Blair in the afternoon or evening.
4. Spend the next day in Port Blair before boarding your flight
Once you reach Port Blair, you can rent a scooter and visit the Chidiya Tapu to catch the most picturesque sunset in Andaman. The sunset point is approximately 30 km from Port Blair, so you must plan accordingly.
Once you are back from Chidiya Tapu, you can explore the Aberdeen Bazaar. The market has got some really good and pocket-friendly options when it comes to food, massage parlours, and cafes. You can also shop for souvenirs from here.
The next morning can be a fresh start and you can rent a scooter again for local sightseeing in Port Blair. There are some really interesting places like the Cellular Jail, Japanese bunkers, etc. which hold historic importance. Besides, there’s Ross Island, Mount Harriet, and Wandoor Beach which are a must-visit in Port Blair. You can plan accordingly keeping your flight timings in mind.
Book all activities, hotels, and ferries in advance. Also, carry plenty of cash with you. There are limited ATMs in Port Blair and Havelock. Most of these ATMs are refilled every 2-3 days and you might face issues while trying to withdraw cash.